Steve Lyman

SRC Guitarist

Steve Lyman

Postby Tonto1967 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:20 am

Fabulous guitar player. To bad he always had to play in the shadow of GQ. In my opinion the most talented member of SRC. He knew a lot about music theory. He always kept the band loose by acting goofy and telling jokes and stuff. Easy to talk to not snobbish like some of the other guys.
Tonto1967

Re:Girlfriends

Postby Tonto1967 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:48 pm

During the summer of 67 when I was a roadie for the band, there was not a shortage of girls that followed us around. When we where home in Ann Arbor at the broadway house they would filter in all times of the day and nite. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. If I happened to be hanging with Scott that day we would walk in the house and he would say OK Tom I,m giving you first choice, which one do you want to F--K. And everybody would pick one. Everyone except Steve. He was the only one who had a steady girlfriend. I can,t remember her name but she was really hot and the kind of girl you could bring home to meet mother. Totally different than the groupy girls. I always felt sorry for her when she came over to see Steve, because she totally out of her comfort zone. She would put up with everything that was going on because Steve was there. I must say Steve she must of really liked you to put up with all the crap that went on in that house.
Tonto1967

Re: Steve Lyman

Postby scl second guitar » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Regarding girlfriend situations, before The Scot Richard Case was started, I was a student at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti. Since the autumn of 1966 I had been in a rather serious relationship with another student there named Judy Hodges, who was originally from South Haven, Michigan. The relationship continued at least into the summertime of 1967, although it became increasingly difficult, with the distance between Ann Arbor and the EMU campus (me without my own personal car), and because the band was getting continually busier with "I'm So Glad"/"Who Is That Girl?" getting lots of airplay, and resulting gigs all around Michigan. There was no breakup, other than each of us realizing that it was becoming too difficult to perpetuate this sincere relationship. I'm glad that Tonto1967 (Tom) has a better memory than I do on some of this. As for me, it's an occasional wondering about whatever happened to Judy after all these years, one of the best I knew back then.
scl second guitar

Return to Steve Lyman