Here Comes The Mystery Man!!!

Artists other than SRC

Here Comes The Mystery Man!!!

Postby KFox01 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:28 pm

On November 11th I attended the Dick Wagner show at the Magic Bag in Ferndale. I must tell you that Dick Wagner simply amazed me. As many of you know, Dick has survived a major heart attack and recently underwent brain surgery to remove a clot. I was not sure in what shape I would find Dick but he looks GREAT physically and is back to playing guitar damn near as well as the old days. This was his first live stage appearance in five years. Backing him up were Ray Goodman and Dennis Burr on guitars, Prakash John on bass, Jordon John on drums, Robert Wagner on vocals (his son), and Al Bondar and Brian Bennett on keyboards. All the guitars were top notch and each song turned into some really great jam sessions. Prakash John is without a doubt the best bass player I have ever heard. His son Jordon is a drum prodigy and together they really laid out some incredible beats. Dick's son Robert is a very talented vocalist and really harmonised well with Dick. Grant West from Ursa Major got up and played bass on a couple of Ursa Major numbers. The concert was kind of a retrospective of material Dick has written over the years with tunes from The Boss Men, The Frost, Ursa Major, Alice Cooper, along with a kick ass verson of Sweet Jane from the Lou Reed album with the Stever Hunter intro which Dick duplicated, and a tune Dick released called "Jerusalem" that the US military has adopted and is receiving huge internet play. As you might suspect, for an encore they did "Rock N' Roll Music" by The Frost and brought the house down!!! I've got news for you friends, Dick Wagner IS BACK!!! Dick did some recording while in town and held a guitar seminar and a sound clinic.

You can see him tonight at White's Bar in Saginaw, or November 17th at the Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland Ohio.

Kim Fox

P.S. Check out the great poster Carl Lundgren did at http://www.carllundgren.com
KFox01

Re: Here Comes The Mystery Man!!!

Postby cBc » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Sounds like an excellent gig! Great to hear Dick is back , and in Full Force.
cBc

Re: Here Comes The Mystery Man!!!

Postby Tonto1967 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:31 am

I can remember back in 67....68 some where in there, when the Frost single Mystery Man came out. At the time Uncle Russ of Grande fame, had a Sunday night radio show on WKNR..FM. He liked Mystery Man so much he played it back to back for his entire 3 hour show.
Tonto1967

Return to Other Artists