If you have a problem logging in

How to do things on this forum and general help files

If you have a problem logging in

Postby Bob » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:03 pm

The most common causes of log-in problems:

Be sure you enter your password exactly as you received it when you registered, or how you entered it originally in the registration form. Passwords are always case-sensitive, so be sure you use the same upper and lower case letters.

If you have just registered, it might take a little while for your account to be activated. Account activation must be done by a human due to the very serious problem of forum spamming. This is normally done within a few minutes, but a human might not be immediately available. In some cases, it might take longer. Please be patient until you receive an e-mail telling you your account has been activated.

If you have used "I forgot my password" in the log-in form and received a new password in an e-mail, be sure you activate the new password using the activation link in that e-mail. This step is sometimes overlooked. If you do not receive that e-mail, which is sent to the e-mail address associated with your forum account, contact the admin.

If you can log in, but are continually asked to log in again, be sure your web browser is not set to reject cookies. If you use the "Log me on automatically each visit" option, but have to log in each time you visit, be sure your web browser is not set to delete cookies each time the browser is closed.

For any other log-in problems, please contact the admin.
SRC aficionado since 1968
Bob
Site Admin

Return to Help and How-To