SRC Book- - Wizards Deeply Missed

Anything about SRC

SRC Book- - Wizards Deeply Missed

Postby Jerryaldz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Can anyone post a review on this book? It says it's a "chapbook" I am not familiar with the term.
Can any band members comment on Wizards Deeply Missed?

Thanks,
Jerryaldz
Message to the moderator: Bob I mistakenly posted in the Help and How to section - Can you remove that post?
Jerryaldz

Re: SRC Book- - Wizards Deeply Missed

Postby scl second guitar » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:21 pm

John Orlich's "Wizards..." book is (or was) a self-published paperback, written by one who was a high-school-aged musician back in the early times of the band. Together with his friends and bandmates, he saw The Scot Richard Case (subsequently SRC) numerous times, enough to accurately follow the early evolution of the group. The highpoint, of the work, is not so much the detailed biographical data of the band, but moreover his personal account of how SRC's stage-presence and music affected other local musicians who were trying to make their mark on the Detroit-area's budding music scene of the late 1960s. Whether or not John ever makes a new updated printing, of this interesting account, remains to be seen. It is my guess that he never came close to recouping the cost, in time and money, to his initial publication of the book, and that he did it primarily out of a passion for one of his fondest recollections from his late teenage years. Overall, I would recommend it for those seeking an inside glimpse of the psyche of what SRC was like, as they were then becoming one of the most popular bands around southeastern Michigan.
scl second guitar

Re: SRC Book- - Wizards Deeply Missed

Postby GQ S R C » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:43 pm

I talked to Mr Oar Lick many times,& offered to correct All the wrong info in his book,however the Errors were too numerous,& I gave up!David E. Carson's "Grit,Noise,& Revolution The Birth of Detroit R'n R " Book Is the Real Deal-Highly Rcommended ! A Great Read ! ROK ON ! GQ/SRC
GQ S R C

Return to SRC General Discussion