Wikipedia entry of Dec 2011 (part 1 of corrections)

Anything about SRC

Wikipedia entry of Dec 2011 (part 1 of corrections)

Postby scl second guitar » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:37 am

The most complete online story of SRC is likely the compilation of information by Bruno Ceriotti in "The Fugitives - SRC Story" (Rock Prosopography 102). However, for those seeking accurate information via what is found in Wikipedia, the late-2011 update contains quite a few errors which somebody ought to correct. The following is an initial clarification about what is presently in that entry:

Wikipedia's history is divided into basic three headings, The Early Years, The Scott Richardson Years, and The Final Years. The second heading makes absolutely no sense, in that Scott Richardson was the lead-vocalist throughout SRC's entire existence. By glancing at the headings only, it seems to imply that Scott was not in SRC during either the early or the final years.

At the beginning of the first heading, it is stated that the band was formed by Scott, with The Fugitives, which featured both Quackenbush brothers and E.G. Clawson, and that Robin Dale was added later. More correctly stated, it was the entire Fugitives band (less their original lead-vocalist/bassist John Boyles), which in the autumn of 1966 included the four members Glenn, Gary, E.G., and Steve. Robin was not added later, but rather several weeks before the debut-performance of The Scot Richard Case, actually as soon as Scott began practicing with The Fugitives' members, because a replacement-bassist was then needed.
scl second guitar

Re: Wikipedia entry of Dec 2011 (part 1 of corrections)

Postby jkm1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your 'part 1 of corrections'. I've been a major fan of SRC 'since the albums were release, and continue to enjoy the music today! I was wondering if you had a 'part 2 of corrections' to post? I'm a family/music historian, and enjoy getting all the details (correct)!

Also, I'm interested in learning more about song writing credits on the albums. On the first two SRC lps, equal credit was given to all members. Was there one or more members who would bring in a song idea (ie, chord structure), and someone else would 'usually' supply the lyrics, or was it really a shared process? Who did what, and on what albums? Did the song writing tend to evolve (authorship) as the albums progressed?

Thanks for any/all feedback, and thanks for all the great music !!

JM
jkm1

Return to SRC General Discussion