New Web

Anything about SRC

New Web

Postby michaelb » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:16 am

Hello SRC fans. It's all about change. Can you dig that? I know some of us percieve that to be difficult at times like myself. The good news? It'll be worth it in the end. Thank you Bob.
michaelb

Re: New Web

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:35 am

I think this will prove much better in the long run. The old message board was really quite primitive. This one will allow people to do a LOT more, such as posting photos, audio files, videos, etc.

As I find time, I will add some help and how-to articles to assist anyone who is not familiar with web forums like this.

There is still much to do, but eventually this should become a really great resource.
SRC aficionado since 1968
Bob
Site Admin

Postby Jerryaldz » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:25 am

Great job !!! Thanks for all the hard work getting this thing back on line :D
Jerryaldz

Postby KFox01 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:42 am

Dear Bob,

Ah, a new chapter in the SRC saga. It used to be that James Brown was the hardest working man in show business and now it's YOU!!! Keep up the great work!

Kim Fox :o)
KFox01

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:07 pm

KFox01 wrote:Dear Bob,

Ah, a new chapter in the SRC saga. It used to be that James Brown was the hardest working man in show business and now it's YOU!!! Keep up the great work!

Kim Fox :o)

I can't say I've ever been compared with James Brown before. :lol:

There's still work to be done.

It sure didn't take long for the spammers to find this new forum. The second registration was a spammer! I operate several forums and forum spamming is a HUGE problem! Fortunately there are people out there who stay on top of it and maintain databases of forum spammers. That makes it easy to identify them and deny them access. That doesn't stop them from trying, though. On some of my other forums, even very active ones, over half of new registrations are spammers.

This is why admin approval is required for new registrations. It has to be that way because of the spammers.

Spam sucks and spammers really suck.
SRC aficionado since 1968
Bob
Site Admin

Postby Jim Schrock » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Very cool Bob, and thanks so much. Checking the site every day or so becomes something to look forward to, especially when folks are submitting recollections.

Take Care,
Jim
Jim Schrock

Postby Enaitz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:46 am

Good morning from Spain.

I've recently registered here and, about spammers, I did admin several internet projects in the past and I know it's real disgusting to have to be dealing with that problem.

Anyway, I think it may be a bit tricky to register here, when I first tried to I never got my acceptance back so I had to send an e-mail message to the webmaster. Probably, most peole would just keep waiting forever and finally forget about it.

I wonder if something could be done about making registration easier...
Enaitz

Return to SRC General Discussion