Reunion Concert

Anything about SRC

Reunion Concert

Postby Tonto1967 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:51 am

Can anybody tell me why this website crashed and burned after the reunion concert ?
Tonto1967

Re: Reunion Concert

Postby Jazzbo1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Everyone was waiting for the reunion. I'd say that for many it was anticlimactic.
Jazzbo1

Postby scl second guitar » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:59 pm

For Tonto1967 and Jazzbo1:
I thought that the crash'n'burn of Bob's website was before the time of the attempted reunions of the summers of 2011 and 2012. As for those three shows, I would surmise that "anticlimactic" does describe it best, in that it was near impossible to pull-off a performance with anything close to the creative spark that SRC once had well over four decades ago, especially considering that: 1) it didn't include all original members, 2) preparatory practice was limited to just a handful of rehearsals, 3) voices change whereby singers cannot always hit certain notes which were easy in younger times, 4) with the onstage volume, it was difficult for the singers to even hear what they were singing, etc...
In order for an SRC reunion to be as impressive as it deserves to be, the bandmembers would need to live together in the same house (like they once did) for at least a month, practicing day and night, so as to yield a long set of entirely SRC material, much of which is too complex to execute accurately after just several practice sessions. With former members spread around the country (or around the globe, Robin), and most all living lives which have long diverged from that long-ago SRC unity, such a reunion is hardly feasible. The enthusiasm of the crowds at those three events was appreciated by the former members, but it was accompanied by an embarrassment that the performance fell far short of what memories of SRC were led to expect. It is perhaps best for memories to remain memories, and not try to recreate something that complex, unless the participants live close to one another, and are all on the same page wanting to spend several months preparing for an impressive show. It ain't happening here.
scl second guitar

Postby Bob » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 am

Tonto1967 wrote:Can anybody tell me why this website crashed and burned after the reunion concert ?

I am not aware that this web site "crashed and burned" at any time since October of 2011. Prior to that, a "friend" was hosting my web sites on his own server. When his server crashed, he was suddenly no longer willing to continue. Instead of informing me of this, he just didn't fix his server. I had to scramble to find hosting for all my web sites. This one has been hosted by Godaddy ever since and has been highly reliable. I'm not aware of any downtime since.
SRC aficionado since 1968
Bob
Site Admin

Postby floyd6451 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:40 am

Waves to Bob

never noticed any significant downtime since my joining. Forums are like he tides. Perhaps something significant SRC wise will re-appear and the faithful will wash ashore one more

but hopefully we haven't "crashed and burned" as a community
floyd6451

Return to SRC General Discussion