Quack & Quist

Anything about SRC

Quack & Quist

Postby turntool » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:16 am

OK -that moniker ought to arouse somebody out there who remembers Gary's girlfriend back in the 70's, Debbie Swanquist. You see, I grew up in Clawson, had a buddy, Dave Swanquist, and Debbie was his sister. She was older than us and moved to Ann Arbor in the late 60's. We got turned on to much 'hip' music by her after that. I was in the 7th grade when 'Milestones' came out and upon listening to that album, I became a fan, especially since they were a Michigan Band. Anyway, in the mid 70's Dave and I would jam over at his house on our acoustic guitars. One weekend, Debbie had come to visit her mom there and Gary was with her. Dave, Gary, and I jammed some blues after dinner with Gary playing his Les Paul Custom through a little Kalamazoo amp. Wish I had had turned on the tape recorder then we had set up. I recently read that there was a benefit concert for Gary in Detroit and had I known I would've drove down for it. I watched some of it on U-TOOB and it looked great. I was just wondering what ever happened to Debbie, if she and Gary are still together, or have they gone their separate ways?
turntool

Re: Quack & Quist

Postby floyd6451 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:21 am

Not that I know about the sister but here is a link about the fundraiser
http://archive.freep.com/article/201409 ... l-Bermudez

sorry to hear about Gary being under the weather :(
floyd6451

Return to SRC General Discussion