Michigan Rock & Roll Legends Hall of Fame

Anything about SRC

Michigan Rock & Roll Legends Hall of Fame

Postby BrownRB » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:46 pm

Pretty good overview of the evolution of SRC: http://www.michiganrockandrolllegends.c ... me/114-src
BrownRB

Re: Michigan Rock & Roll Legends Hall of Fame

Postby scl second guitar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Nice of BrownRB to bring attention to this "Michigan Rock & Roll Legends Hall of Fame" site, and it is always amusing for me to browse through things like this to see they have their information correct. This account, about The Tremelos, The Fugitives, The Scot Richard Case, SRC does have quite a bit of accurate information. However, a couple errors caught my attention right off the bat. The main one is regarding the initial personnel of the forerunner band in Birmingham in the early 1960s. I don't know how to correct their information (nor is it really important after all this time). Gary J Quackenbush was not the lead guitarist of the band, but instead just played rhythm guitar. The lead guitarist was Rett Nichols, until the end of the summer of 1964 when Rett went of to college. At that point in time, Glenn also left the band, going off to college. As best I know (even though I never saw this version of the band), the personnel of The Fugitives then became: John Boyles on bass and vocals, Paul Kelcourse on lead guitar, Gary Quackenbush on rhythm guitar, Butch Hamilton on keyboards, and Elmer Clawson on drums. That second form of the band likely continued through the summer of 1965, when other members went off to college. In the late spring of 1966, The Fugitives reformed in the Ann Arbor area, the personnel then being: Glenn Quackenbush, John Boyles, Elmer Clawson, with Steve Lyman on guitar. By the autumn of that year, Gary rejoined the band as the secondary guitarist. It was not until that transition into The Scot Richard Case that Gary finally became the lead guitarist of those series of groups. Another slight error I found was regarding the group departing from the management of Hugh "Jeep" Holland. It indicates that happening, with Peter Andrews taking over, in the summer of 1968. That is incorrect, and the correct time would be in the late autumn of 1967.
scl second guitar

Return to SRC General Discussion