By some very lucky chance.....

Concert experiences from the past, as well as recent or upcoming reunion shows

By some very lucky chance.....

Postby fonzbear2000 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Is there any live concert footage from 1968-1972 anywhere out there? I would give anything to hear or see something like that!
fonzbear2000

Re: By some very lucky chance.....

Postby scl second guitar » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:22 am

In all my years since those early years of 1967 through early 1969, I have never seen any live footage of SRC performing, nor do I ever recall anybody ever filming such, especially during an indoor performance. Without bright floodlights, it was nearly impossible back then with the old Super8 movie cameras. My guess is that any successful shooting would have to have been done at an outdoor concert during daylight hours, but I have never seen such. The earliest live footage, I ever recall seeing, was the black&white televised performance from Detroit's Public Television WTVS (perhaps latter 1969), but the resolution on that video-recording is horrible. Even decent still-photographs of the early band seem so rare to find. Of the photographs of the original members of SRC, I would rate the work of photographer Andy Sacks as the best. He did the promotion photographs, as well as some during performances, back when the group was known as The Scot Richard Case and managed by Hugh "Jeep" Holland.
scl second guitar

Postby BrownRB » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:43 am

In late August of 1969 SRC played at the Galaxii pavilion at Toronto's Canadian National Exhibition (CNE). The CNE is an annual fair with exhibits, midway rides, etc. I was there and they played at least twice during the day. The 1st show was videotaped (a fairly new technology then) and played back on monitors between shows. I have contacted the CNE to see if the videotape survives and they don't know. This would be a major find! I always wondered if SRC had to give permission for the taping.
Last edited by BrownRB on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrownRB

Postby fonzbear2000 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:54 pm

scl second guitar, do you know if that footage is available to watch anywhere online or if there is any way I can get a hold of it? Even though it may not look the greatest, I'd still love to see it!
fonzbear2000

Postby scl second guitar » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Very late to respond to Fonzbear2000, but I have not been to the site for a couple years. The aforementioned Toronto Pop Concert occurred more than several months after I was gone from the band, so I have no knowledge of any video which may have been captured there. It surprises me too that there exists so few photographs of SRC performing live during the 1967 through early 1969 years, and most of those shots were not taken with high quality cameras. Aside from decent shots taken by Andy Sacks in the late spring of 1967 at Mt Holly, it seems that little has seen the light of day except the good pictures taken by Leni Sinclair, but those were from about 1971, more than a year after the band had been dropped by Capitol Records.
scl second guitar

Return to SRC Concerts